osindo
Level 2: Rookie

call forward to overseas number

Answered

I want to forward calls from my telstra pre paid phone number to an overseas number. which pre paid mobile plans will allow me to forward calls to an overseas number or skype

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: call forward to overseas number

Osindo, you'll find all the small print, terms and conditions, inclussions and exclussions for you plan here: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/cis-personal/pre-paid/personal-critica...

Also Australian Business traveller have a good item on transfering calls to skype when overseas, might be worth a look see: http://www.ausbt.com.au/how-to-divert-your-mobile-through-skype-to-avoid-global-roaming-fees

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

I am under the understanding that you can no longer call forward to international numbers. They used to have the option available however it was removed as there was scamming/hacking issues that some users had apparently had with it from what I remember reading.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

DrQ

If the skype number is an Australian Skype number then it should work just as a 'standard' Australian number with that respect and should be able to have it forward to, I would think anyway...
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

osindo

I'm on telstra freedom pre paid plan. .i think in the small print it excludes call forwarding. ??
Can you amd me a copy of the plan policy exclusions thanks
osindo

ok. .so what about call forwarding to a SKYPE number?
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Osindo, you'll find all the small print, terms and conditions, inclussions and exclussions for you plan here: https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/cis-personal/pre-paid/personal-critica...

Also Australian Business traveller have a good item on transfering calls to skype when overseas, might be worth a look see: http://www.ausbt.com.au/how-to-divert-your-mobile-through-skype-to-avoid-global-roaming-fees

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit