JLW42
Level 2: Rookie

Call forwarding while overseas

I'm in UK, trying to divert my Australian mobile number to the temporary UK mobile number; it's not working!

I've tried entering the string **21*+44<my UK number>*10# but i get the reply "there's a problem with this code"

I've tried lots of variations such as "+44" or "001144" , with or without leading 0 etc., always the same result.

If I enter ##21**10# it tells me that forwarding to voicemail is active, so the system is working.

What else can I try?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Call forwarding while overseas

It won't work. You can't divert to an international number.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@JLW42

You can divert to an international number, however there are some instances where we have to do this for you.

I'd recommend contacting our Mobile Tech Team directly via Live Chat so we can arrange this.

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JLW42

Thanks for the suggestion DeltaSquad, unfortunately the "Live Chat" link in your post does not work; I just get this message:

Link Not Found

The page you were attempting to access could not be found. Please double-check the location, make any necessary corrections, and try again.

When I hover over the link Windows shows me something like "tel.st/8jgx%u200B%u200B%u200B%......"

I'll do some searching round the Telstra website, maybe you can give me a plain text link?

Thank you, JLW42

DeltaSquad
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@JLW42

Sorry about that.

Try the full Live Chat link for Mobile Tech Issues here: https://www.telstra.com.au/chatnow/landing?pageId=https%3a%2f%2flivechat.telstra.com%2fTCOM%3aContac...

Let me know ig you still have difficulties with this.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

JLW42

Thanks DeltaSquad; chatted with very helpful person, won't know it was successful till I get a redirected phone call!

Fingers crossed.

They also went 'beyond the call of duty' to try to adress my email issue; but that might need an international phone call to fix.

All good so far, thanks for your help.

JLW42

Got to chat with support person, thought it was done, but testing yesterday the redirect is still not happening. Looks like I'll just have to swap SIM occasionally to check for voice mail & messages.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit