Olivia_B
Level 1: Cadet

Can't Change Prepaid Plan

The prepaid plan I have been on for the last few years is no longer available and I am now having to pay 20 cents per text message. (which Telstra never informed me of I just realised when I could no longer send messages) I tried to change my plan through the app but kept getting an error message saying page unavailable.  I have contacted Telstra through the app and the response was that my phone number is not eligible to change my plan.  This seems ridiculous. Why is it an issue for me to change to a plan that allows me to send cheaper text messages??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Can't Change Prepaid Plan

That does sound odd. If it is a Prepaid service, there should be nothing stopping you from changing to a new prepaid offer.

I would try contacting them again and if you still can't change plans, lodge a formal complaint via https://telstra.com.au/complaints to get someone to look into the reason why.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Olivia. 

That is odd, you can always change your prepaid plan to something different.  If you had trouble via the app, give your My Account a try. 

1. Sign in to My Telstra using your Telstra ID
  2. On the homepage, find the Pre-Paid service in the Account overview section, and select the Manage Pre-Paid link
  3. Scroll down to Your Plan and select Change plan. A list of available plans will be shown
  4. Under Change plan, a list of available plans will be shown
  5. Click on them to learn more about each Pre-Paid plan
  6. If you choose to make a change, click Select on the plan you want to change to and follow the prompts

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Olivia. Just checking into see if you need a further hand?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit