hkgirl
Level 3: Gumshoe

Can't receive text from Hong Kong

I have been sending texts from HK to the same Telstra mobile numbers for a number of years but since last Friday they are not receiving anything from me although it all seems to go through fine from here. My service provider (PCCW) in HK says there is a problem at the Australian end. If I actually call them there is no problem.

Is anyone else having this problem or know how to get it fixed? thks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
jokiin
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Can't receive text from Hong Kong

call up and give details of the number you are having trouble with so the engineers can look into it
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
hkgirl

It's more than one number, I am wondering if it might be to do with the system upgrade that happened over the weekend. Apparently it might affect smartphones and that's what I am sending messages to. Going to do a test with someone who has ordinary phone. What number should I call and which dept to ask for? Thanks
jokiin

call up and report the problem, they'll need to put you through to whoever they need to, the more numbers you can give them that are a problem the easier it will be for them
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
hkgirl

So I rang Telstra, they weren't interested in taking the phone numbers or times of any of the texts. They tried to tell me it was me and my phone set up but it clearly isn't. I can send a text to friends with Optus mobiles no problem and I've sent 100's of messages to those Telstra phones before last Friday. So I suggested to the tech guy that I was passed on to that perhaps it could be something to do with the upgrade that was done over the weekend. He had a look then and said there were some outage problems in Melbourne today. No idea if that is connected to this problem. I'll leave it a couple of days and hope it gets fixed but I have no confidence that the problem has actually been identified.

jokiin

I'd call back if it still isn't good after a few days and have another go at a fault report, if you still don't get anywhere try the live chat option linked on the front page of the forums here, that will connect you to local call staff that would be able to follow up with the correct department to get things sorted
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

@jokiin wrote:
I'd call back if it still isn't good after a few days and have another go at a fault report, if you still don't get anywhere try the live chat option linked on the front page of the forums here, that will connect you to local call staff that would be able to follow up with the correct department to get things sorted

Thats sounds like a combination Intercarrier International Fault..... Maybe try calling 1225 from Australia?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit