remark
Level 4: Private Eye

Change from Business to Personal Customer

Answered

When I got my mobile a few months I asked the salesman to change me from a business plan to a personal plan.  The bloke didn’t do it but now for a number of reasons I’ve sooked up and want to change from the business plan I’m on to the equivalent post-paid person plan.  AND, to be put on the new billing system with the new bill!!!

Any suggestions as to how to do this with the least amount of hassle.

I’m under contact but that shouldn’t matter.  I’m not asking to break my contract by terminating it or going on a lower plan.

I want my 13 digit account number David Thodey.  And online account tools for business accounts are terrible.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Change from Business to Personal Customer

hi Remark Smiley Happy

I'd be more than happy to help you out with your request to have your Mobile phone changed from a Business account to a Personal plan in our new billing system.

As it does involve a little bit of background work, we will need to be able to  communicate offline.  If you can send me a PM we can get the ball rolling on this, so you can get your 13 digit account number up and running.

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy 

Lindy, Social Media Team,
Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Ben_F
Community Alumni (Retired)

The process is called a "Manual Migration" and I believe you can request it via Livechat

The effectivley disconnect your number and reconnect it (I had a relative go through it recently). The need to send you a SIM card beforehand however.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

remark

Thanks for that. 

I wonder if it would get a bit confusing, explaining what I was after in live chat.  It would be good if I could do it over the phone.  I saw mention of a "Manua Migration Team" elsewhere, perhaps I could ask for them on 125111.

Ben_F

The Migration team don't take calls AFAIK.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

remark

Going to have to call.  According to LiveChat have to fill out forms.

And, have pay out my contract.  Should have made the lazy bugger at the Telstra store to change me when I got my new phone.  According to LiveChat being on a contract prevents migration to new billing system.  Sounds a bit strange to me, I thought they were migrating people as a matter of course

Ben_F

@remark wrote:

Going to have to call.  According to LiveConnect have to fill out forms.

And, have pay out my contract.  Should have made the lazy bugger at the Telstra store to change me when I got my new phone.  According to LiveConnect being on a contract prevents migration to new billing system.  Sounds a bit strange to me, I thought they were migrating people as a matter of course

Really? They used to submit a webform a few months ago???

They aren't migrating you to the new system as you would be on a Business Product (or tagged as Business with a Valid ABN/ACN). And business products don't go well in the new system Smiley Wink

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Lindy
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

hi Remark Smiley Happy

I'd be more than happy to help you out with your request to have your Mobile phone changed from a Business account to a Personal plan in our new billing system.

As it does involve a little bit of background work, we will need to be able to  communicate offline.  If you can send me a PM we can get the ball rolling on this, so you can get your 13 digit account number up and running.

Looking forward to hearing from you Smiley Happy 

Lindy, Social Media Team,
Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

remark

Ben_F or anyone,

It’s no biggie, but is anyone able to say for 100%  whether or not you have to get a new SIM card.

Lindy is on the job for me getting me put onto the new billing system.

Ben_F

I can 100% promise you that a new SIM card will be required Smiley Happy

B.

New Users - Click Here!

remark

Thanks.  Won't be a problem for me.  Just wondering.

Ben_F - 1

Dissenters - 0

remark

Thanks Lindy all done.

And yep, new SIM needed.  Apologies for doubting you Ben.  Actually I wasn’t really doubting you, more hoping that you were wrong Smiley Happy

flittl01
Level 1: Cadet

Change from Personal Customer to Business

Hi there,

I want to change my personal account into a business account as I am a sole trader.

Thank you,

Fraser.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit