kalidindiravi
Level 2: Rookie

Change my mobile number in between my contract

Answered

Hello,

I am a telstra customer with a mobile contract. I am offered a new company mobile phone with a corporate plan thourhg my work place. I still have 8 months left on my mobile phone contract.

My aim is to trasnfer my exisitng personal mobile number to my work phone also with out paying any fees for breaking my exisitng contract.

1. I would like to take a new pre-paid mobile sim from telstra under my account with number 04XXXXXXXX
  2. Transfer my exisitng mobile number 04YYYYYYYY onto a corporate plan from my post paid contract.
  3. Transfer the mobile number 04XXXXXXXX on to the exisitng post paid contract from the pre-paid plan
  4. Continue the remaining part of the contract on the new mobile phone number 04XXXXXXXX

Please let me know if this possible. I am fine even if the process is not in the same order.

Regards,

Ravi.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Change my mobile number in between my contract

Not really...

To transfer your existing number to the corporate plan would be considered porting if they are with anyone other than Telstra and that would automatically disconnect the active service, and if they are with Telstra you would need to authorise a migration into the business system, which would also trigger a disconnection.

It is theoretically possible to change the number of the number of the existing service, set up a temp service and migrate that one to the business service - however, once the number is released after changing the number of the existing service it goes into quarantine under ACMA guidelines and it //may// not be possible to retrieve it from quarantine or may result in issues in the process of doing so.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

kalidindiravi
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have noticed a similar case in the forums and it was a successful transition. Can you please cinfirm if my case any different to the one mentioned in the below post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/Mobile-number-changing-porting-personal-to-bu...

Regards,

Ravi.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DrQ
Accepted Solution

Not really...

To transfer your existing number to the corporate plan would be considered porting if they are with anyone other than Telstra and that would automatically disconnect the active service, and if they are with Telstra you would need to authorise a migration into the business system, which would also trigger a disconnection.

It is theoretically possible to change the number of the number of the existing service, set up a temp service and migrate that one to the business service - however, once the number is released after changing the number of the existing service it goes into quarantine under ACMA guidelines and it //may// not be possible to retrieve it from quarantine or may result in issues in the process of doing so.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

kalidindiravi
Accepted Solution

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I have noticed a similar case in the forums and it was a successful transition. Can you please cinfirm if my case any different to the one mentioned in the below post.

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/General-Mobiles/Mobile-number-changing-porting-personal-to-bu...

Regards,

Ravi.

DrQ

That process is possible, if you can get someone who is able to do it....
Helpful Links

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit