Tracey64
Level 1: Cadet

Change of mobile ownership

Answered

My daughter who is 19 decided that she wanted to go from a pre-paid mobile to post-paid, so we went into a Telstra shop so she could do this.  Her pre-paid phone was in my name so i asked the telstra staff could we change it to her name and keep her number and then get her on a post-paid plan with a new phone.  I was told by this staff member that if she wanted to keep her number then the new plan would have to be in my name so we went ahead and got her a new phone on a plan under my name.  Imagine my annoyance when I was talking to a friend who said that she had just done that for her son.  She got him on a plan with a new phone with the same number under his name.  She said they had to fill out a change of ownership transfer request.

Is this the case, can i put in an application for change of ownership from me to my daughter on her new plan and if i can why didnt the telstra staff person just tell me this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Change of mobile ownership

Yes you can do this this as the process is the same with just a few more steps (I'd imagine), there'd be credit rating inquiry and if all's well happy days.

As for the staff, maybe just didn't know, maybe young and dumb, all to hard maybe? The only way is to inform so they can improve there service.

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Change of mobile ownership

Yes you can do this this as the process is the same with just a few more steps (I'd imagine), there'd be credit rating inquiry and if all's well happy days.

As for the staff, maybe just didn't know, maybe young and dumb, all to hard maybe? The only way is to inform so they can improve there service.

Cheers,
Dave

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit