jojamwil
Level 4: Private Eye

Change of sim card due to change of phone. How do I activate new sim ?

Answered

I am on an existing plan with telstra. I bought a new handset but the new phone has a different size sim card so I need to activate the sim card supplied by the telstra shop. Despite reading various posts, I am confused on the best way to do this.

Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gamgees
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Change of sim card due to change of phone. How do I activate new sim ?

Hi jojamwil

If you have yet to get this done, if you give our team  a call on 132200 they'll be able to do this over the phone for you - nice and quick!

Sam

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Gamgees
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hi jojamwil

If you have yet to get this done, if you give our team  a call on 132200 they'll be able to do this over the phone for you - nice and quick!

Sam

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Jack17
Level 2: Rookie

be prepared for a long wait, 8 weeks and counting, five different call centre idiots all promising the same thing and delivering nothing

IvanS
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jack17,

Really sorry to hear of the issue. 

A simple change of SIM should go through quite quickly, what has been advised is causing the issue? 

Lisa50
Level 1: Cadet

I have just change phones i can get wifi but cant use emails, phone or data 

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Lisa50

It sounds like you're waiting for your new SIM Card to activate :-) 
Make sure you restart it every now and then so it's able to pick up the network once your activation order is processed

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit