SJLB
Level 2: Rookie

change to mobile plan

Answered

my two children are on current small plans that are $49 per month, the new notification says it is now $55 a month as an "upgrade"

I cannot see any different in the plan so dont see the "upgrade" part

I dont see the option to remain on the current plan that suits me

also I cant see the option for a smaller plan as what if I cant afford the "upgrade"?

All i can see is you are charging me an extra $12 a month for my kids phones which right now seems a complete outrage when things are tough and most other companies are looking at holding costs or offering reductions

Telstra being a big bad nasty corporate who does not care about people 

I am disappointed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: change to mobile plan

Hello,

2 of my friends use Aldi, which is very economical and Telstra LTE.

The only difference between Telstra and their resellers including Belong which they own is that data is standard 4G speed (LTD),  but not 4GX super speed,  which they keep for their direct customers.

They really are pricing themselves out of the market with lousy prices and appalling "service", and the word service should be something lower.

Best wishes

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

There is no option to stay on the current plan. All customers are being migrated on to the current plans as all the old plans are being retired to simplify Telstra's systems. This has been publicised for over a year, but most people didn't take any notice of Telstra's forward plans (only shareholders and people who read the corporate announcements).

You could contact Telstra to discuss the options. You may be able to request a 12 month credit to offset some of the cost.

You could also look at migrating to Belong (a Telstra subsidiary) that offers cheaper plans.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
cf4

There are cheaper options on prepaid from $30 per month.

SJLB
Level 2: Rookie

thank you at least this is an option 
the reply from official peeps was less than customer focused

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Hello,

2 of my friends use Aldi, which is very economical and Telstra LTE.

The only difference between Telstra and their resellers including Belong which they own is that data is standard 4G speed (LTD),  but not 4GX super speed,  which they keep for their direct customers.

They really are pricing themselves out of the market with lousy prices and appalling "service", and the word service should be something lower.

Best wishes

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Shell11ducks
Level 1: Cadet

I got the same message & I am furious.  How dare they tell me they are upgrading my plan & yes charging me more without my consent or request.  I am seriously going to look at changing to someone else after this.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit