Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Changing Plans without consent

How can Telstra change your plan without consent. Now getting charged for calls that were previously free. Try to ring and get flicked to a message. Terrible service 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Changing Plans without consent

Minor changes are allowed to be made on plans with providing you relative notice of the change, if you are out of contract they can discontinue a plan completely and then move you to an equivalent option but you then have the choice of reevaluating your options and what suits your needs. They do need to provide you with notice of the change though

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Highlighted

The real problem is that I can’t contact Telstra. I ring and get flicked off to a message system (9 times) The say they will be in touch but i haven’t heard a thing. If you have queries relating to your bill it’s a big problem. 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello,

with the change of plans this sounds quite strange. What is the name of your plan? Also when reaching out to the team on the My Telstra App while the agent won't reply immediately a response is forth coming and they will be able to help and see what's going on here.

Cheers,

-Claire

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

I am literally in the same position, they've changed me onto a different plan without consent or warning about pro rata charges that id be stunned with on my next bill.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit