Level 1: Cadet

Changing SIM Card to eSim on my post-paid account.

Answered

Hi.

I was wondering if it is possible to get my physical SIM Card changed to an eSIM and keeping my number and plan etc on my post-paid account?

Can I ring Telstra up and do it over the phone if it can be done or would I need to go into a physical Telstra Shop?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Changing SIM Card to eSim on my post-paid account.

You can do it either way, but it will be easier at the moment if you can find an open Telstra Store as the Call Centres are only dealing with Critical Issues currently.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

You can do it either way, but it will be easier at the moment if you can find an open Telstra Store as the Call Centres are only dealing with Critical Issues currently.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Level 2: Rookie

Is there a way to do it online?

That would be simplest and covid safe

I have tried but haven't found a way yet

You could try sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and see if they can send you the QR code. 

Level 1: Cadet

I, too tried to get info on eSIM, did head down to the local store and there was no long queue, I was told though by the very helpful Telstra employee that they no QR code cards at the moment and I guess every client for himself, he did offer for me to go for a drive to another store and it was impossible to get it emailed from other stores to them. So yep that’s where it ended for me. So my original online quest would be great if achievable?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit