Moving-Overseas
Level 2: Rookie

Check International Roaming Data Pack Usage

Not sure what board I should be on but does anyone know how to check International Roaming Data Pack usage, without having access to the physical device?

My wife (a non-native English speaker and a technophobe) is using a mobile phone on my account and I purchased an International Roaming Data Pack for her to use in Japan where she is now, after having obtained a Travel Exemption. I want to check if she has enough data left or if I need to purchase more.

I did try to set things up so that all notifications regarding data usage were sent to my email address instead of the mobile number but the settings are not saved/retained so I have no way of monitoring things.

Any help would be greatly appreciated - cheers!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Check International Roaming Data Pack Usage

The Telstra webpage states the following:

You can keep track of your roaming usage with our self-help tools. Those tools are free to access in Australia and overseas.  

My Telstra app

1. Download or open the My Telstra app
  2. Tap on the Services tab then find your service 
  3. Select your service to view your usage in more detail

  My Telstra in a browser

1. Sign in to My Telstra using your Telstra ID
  2. On the homepage, find the mobile service in the Account overview section, and select the Manage link 
  3. Select the View International Roaming Usage link near the top of the page

Telstra My Plan Manager (mobile access only)

1. Go to telstra.com/mpm on the mobile device you want to check 
  2. View ‘usage’ at the top of the page
Moving-Overseas
Level 2: Rookie

Unfortunately none of these allow me to 'view' data usage however, "My Telstra in a browser" did allow me to change how to receive notifications regarding usage, something that the App didn't let me do.

Hopefully this will help me in determining whether I need to purchase additional Data Packs or not.

Cheers!

Dowser

I’m glad that you have made some progress.

If you have time, you could leave feedback for the My Telstra development team which could result in improvements to the app.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit