Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Churned Mobile from Vodafone to Telstra but when I switch on mobile I still get Vodafone logo

Churned Mobile from Vodafone to Telstra but when I switch on mobile I still get Vodafone logo? How can I fix this?

Model is HTC Desire HD A9191.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Churned Mobile from Vodafone to Telstra but when I switch on mobile I still get Vodafone logo

G'day rm880, and welcome to crowdsupport

The logo etc when you power on your phone is supplied by the reseller of the phone.

If you purchased your phone from Vodaphone, and that's my guess, and you have brought this along to the Telstra mobile service,  there's not a lot you can do.

The add ons from Vodaphone won't actually go away, because they were part of the firmware release Vodaphone put on the phone to "productise" it.

All carriers do this, including Telstra.

Your options are to "root" the phone, and put on a different ROM pack.  However, based on your question (and this is not an insult), I doubt you would be confident enough to do it, and you risk "bricking" your phone if you get it wrong

You can also "root" the phone and just delete all of the vodaphone stuff, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE VERY,VERY CAREFUL SO AS NOT TO REMOVE ANY DEPENDENCIES, again, because you run the risk of turning the phone into a "brick".

You can do a googel search for "custom rom htc desire 9191" and tere will be a lot of hits.

I was going to give you a link to a webpage that was blogspot, but for some reason it's barred from including in a message on Telstra CrowdSupport.

having written all of this, I'd suggest just living with it for now, or buy a new phone unlocked or from Telstra is the Telstra logo is important to you.

Smiley Happy

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.
Any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit