45michaelford
Level 1: Cadet

Conference Calls

Simple really, but can't get through to tech support, how does one make a conference call on a mobile to 3 other numbers?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Conference Calls

What brand, type of Mobile are you using?

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
45michaelford

An old Samsung mobile fliptop, GT - S55??

DEANJA

OK, we might run into some trouble with this one, but here goes, see if this process will work for you and solve your question.

1. Phone the first person.
  2. After your phone connects and you complete a few pleasantries, touch the Add Call button.

The first person is put on hold.

3. Dial the second person.

You can use the dialpad or choose the second person from the phone’s address book or a recent call from the call log.

Say your pleasantries and inform the party that the call is about to be merged.

4. Touch the Merge or Merge Calls button.

The two calls are now joined: The touchscreen says Conference Call, and the End Last Call button appears. Everyone you’ve dialed can talk to and hear everyone else.

5. Touch the End Call button to end the conference call.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

45michaelford

You're right difficulty straight away - NO 'add call' button, or 'merge call' button for that matter, however I do have an 'end call' button.  Any further ideas?  and thanks thus far as You are the only person willing to try.

DEANJA

Right agent 45, I was afraid of that. My pleasure by the way to try to help, BUT I'm afraid that given the age of the phone, the dialer with the operating system obviously hasn't got the updates of more recent systems.

Having said that exactly which model Flipper is it? The full model number?

45michaelford

Samsung GT - 898117? is about the best I can do, got that off the base under the battery.  Almost getting too hard now eh?

DEANJA

Dead end I'm afraid with that unit. Sounds like a good time to upgrade the phone.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Try this:

1. Call the first party you want to add to the multiparty call.
2. While connected to the first party, call the second party. The first party is automatically placed on hold.
3. When connected to the second party, press <Options> → Conference call.

To make the second (and possibly extra) calls:

1. Press <Hold> to place the first call on hold.
2. Enter the second number to dial and press[ ]. (sorry no phone symbol to show)

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit