Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Converting from a personal to business plan

Answered

Hello,

I currently have a personal plan with Telstra however I do have a business. My wife has recently been made redundant and so I need to organise a phone & sim for her. She will likely want an iPhone 11.

Can you please advise if it will be more cost-effective to open a business account so that we can share data etc?

If converting to a business plan, how does this work as I have a lease plan (iPhone xs) for my personal phone. My personal contract expires in September this year. 

I would appreciate your help here as it is very frustrating not being able to phone and speak to somebody about this. 

Thanks

Scott

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 5: Eagle Eye
Accepted Solution

Re: Converting from a personal to business plan

Hey Scott,

there isn’t much benefit changing it into a business account , there isn’t much cost saving with shared data. Especially because all plans have Peace of mind data (don’t get charged if go through all the data allowance). Because you are locked into your plan, changing to a business account will also be an issue because you are still locked in to your personal contract . Hope that answers all of your questions , if not please reply and I can help further 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hey Scott,

there isn’t much benefit changing it into a business account , there isn’t much cost saving with shared data. Especially because all plans have Peace of mind data (don’t get charged if go through all the data allowance). Because you are locked into your plan, changing to a business account will also be an issue because you are still locked in to your personal contract . Hope that answers all of your questions , if not please reply and I can help further 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks, that helps explain. 

A follow-on question, my wife needs a phone now as she doesn't currently have one but she would also like to get the new iPhone when it comes out (perhaps at the end of the year). Do you know what options are available to us now so that she can get a phone but then be able to switch over the new iPhone when it becomes available?

Thanks for your help so far.

Highlighted

If she gets a new phone - unfortunately there isn’t any upgrade options. You may need to wait for the new one!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit