Shy1948
Level 1: Cadet

Cost of call to UK from Western Australia

On my current plan, what is the cost to call the UK  - area code 018 - from WA?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Cost of call to UK from Western Australia

That will depend on your which plan you are on?

Do you still have the CIS for the plan you signed up to? That would explain it all. Or you can look on the Telstra site for the CIS for that plan.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

If you go to your My Telstra app or Online billing and click on that specific service....that will bring up your plan which you can check with a search 

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
SteveW_52

@ProfessorPhone did you try that? I had a quick look for that info via My Account and My Telstra yesterday, but couldn't find it. I am sure it used to be there but maybe it is hiding in another place now?

I did find this  https://www.telstra.com.au/help/critical-information-summaries   which provides generic plan info, which probably fits with Telstras steamlined plan offerings and the new mode of customer support?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
SteveW_52

https://www.telstra.com.au/help/critical-information-summaries

Stevo 52
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Calls to a fixed line in the UK from an Australian mobile are 55 cents per minute plus 40 cent flagfall. Calls to a UK mobile are $1.13 per minute plus 40 cent flagfall.

You can get an international calling pack for $10 per month which gives you unlimited calls to standard UK numbers, plus 19 other countries.

And as an FYI, dialling (area) codes don't work the same way the the UK as here. In the UK, they are 5 digits long. There are area codes that begin with 018 all the way from Southern England to Northern Scotland.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
ProfessorPhone

Hello Steve,

Using desktop version of Online Billing, it's under Plan Details,  then Summary of key service costs and inclusions which shows a table of all call costs.

50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
SteveW_52

@ProfessorPhone Nope, if I try to log in to Online Billing at https://onlinebilling.telstra.com.au

I get redirected to My Account to log in anyway..

There, under the service, Plan Details

Can't see anything like a table of call costs..  haven't done since all the plans got updated to current offerings and the new My Account was implemented..  maybe I am looking in the wrong place??  Using some of the old Telstra links just redirect me to the new My Account...  the My Telstra app seems to be the same..  Codis Less Than Helpful Chat (CLTHC) tells me to refer to the common CIS documents...

I manage all my services from an Excel sheet, I put in the call costs etc. with every new service, plan change or recontract so it doesn't affect me not being able to find them in My Account, but for others it could be an issue?

Stevo 52
Jupiter

They got rid of the table that @ProfessorPhone is talking about a few plan versions ago. It's not relevant any more as the current plans are standardised.  The old plans used to vary in their inclusions so it was required for them, now that is only data differences, they've done away with it and included the details in a separate document. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52

That was what I thought @Jupiter  so I added the link to the standard CIS's..

Stevo 52
ProfessorPhone

I in fact cut and pasted the line "summary of key service costs and inclusions ...... " directly off my screen  and if you doubt me, you're very welcome to call in and see that for yourself on my desktop. 

SteveW_52

Not doubting you at all @ProfessorPhone   but I can't see it., so there is some inconsistency with what information Telstra provide to their customers .  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit