Dreamers
Level 1: Cadet

Current Mobile Plan

Answered

Hi guys!

I hope it is okay for me to ask this here, I just thought I would try save myself a call (working two jobs at the moment so it's hard to call).

I'm currently on plan paying $95 (Go Mobile Plan) a month, with 7GB of data to be used. I was just checking out the current plans, and at the moment there is one for $95 a month with 12GB of data. I know it is probably cheeky to ask, but would Telstra consider upgrading me to 12GB for the same cost? I only ask as I'm starting to use a lot of mobile data, the last few weeks I have had a lot of issues with my home bigpond broadband (constant drop outs and extremely slow speeds) to the point that we can't stream Netflix and use WiFi on our phones at the same time. So I am using data and not switching the WiFi on. But now of course my data usage is spiking.

I would really appreciate any response if anyone know's whether it would be worth me making the call to Telstra to discuss this? Or can I Live Chat?

Thanks so much in advance!

Kindest Regards

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Current Mobile Plan

Hi Dreamers

To change over to the new plan, you'd need to recontract - we won't change you over without a new contract. 

If you've been on your existing plan for 12 months, and your handset is in good condition, you could use the New Phone Feeling offer to get a new handset and recontract to the new plan if you wanted to. 
You're able to see the range we have here:  http://tel.st/eph8

Otherwise, you'd need to pay out your existing contract and handset to make the move to the new plan. 

With regards to your Home Broadband, we do have 24x7 Technical Support available to help with the issues you've described, and they're available on 133 933 to lend a hand. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

The large plan has 8GB of data but coming with a bonus 4GB of data but that being said typically they cannot move you to the newer plan without recontracting you and that would trigger fees. Sadly it isn't typically as simple as them just changing one part of the offer to suit as they are set.

It doesn't hurt to ask and you can certainly ask via LiveChat 24x7 (link below in my signature) or by phone 08:30am-9pm on 132200 and they can check for you but I wouldn't be surprised if they said it wasn't possible to be done that simply.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Dreamers

To change over to the new plan, you'd need to recontract - we won't change you over without a new contract. 

If you've been on your existing plan for 12 months, and your handset is in good condition, you could use the New Phone Feeling offer to get a new handset and recontract to the new plan if you wanted to. 
You're able to see the range we have here:  http://tel.st/eph8

Otherwise, you'd need to pay out your existing contract and handset to make the move to the new plan. 

With regards to your Home Broadband, we do have 24x7 Technical Support available to help with the issues you've described, and they're available on 133 933 to lend a hand. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Dreamers
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Steph,

Thanks for the reply. I have decided just to buy a 5GB data pack as I haven't got long until my contract expires, and I would like to try hold out for the iPhone 8/see what sort of condition my 6s is in when it's over haha.
Thanks for the phone number, I have been keeping my eye on the Telstra outages page and there has been a bit of work here in Mount Isa, so I think it may have to do with this. It has actually improved the last couple of days, so fingers crossed the works have been completed Smiley Happy

Thanks again for your help,

Luke

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit