Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Damaged Phone on SWAP Plan? Help

Answered

Hey guys,

Firstly, I want to say I understand if I've kind of screwed the pooch on this one.
I'm just wondering if there's anything I can do to make everything work.

So I signed up to a Go Mobile Swap plan back in January this year with a google Pixel, originally I had Assure included.
Fast forward 6 months and I removed assure as my bills were getting too big and I wanted to save on money.
Fast forward to three days ago when I (of course) dropped my phone in the toilet. 

Everything is working, however the speakers seem to be buggered. I cant hear anything (unless I chuck it on speaker) and people can't hear me.

Now I know the solution to this is to buy a headset and use that for a while and pray it'll fix itself- no problems there.
However I'm wondering what this means for my Swap plan.

I walked into my local store today who told me I can upgrade in a month for $99 to whatever I want.
However I thought the phone had to be in perfect working order for it to be returned?

I was hoping to get out of the contract and go prepaid but if I can avoid paying $1,000+ for a phone then a contact is fine for me.

Thanks for any help I can get.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Damaged Phone on SWAP Plan? Help

This is what it states in the critical information summary for your plan:

Damaged Device

If your device is damaged, you will be required to pay $229 (minor damage), or $499 (if damaged beyond repair). You may be able to make an offer to buy your device from us at fair market value (to be advised at the time).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

This is what it states in the critical information summary for your plan:

Damaged Device

If your device is damaged, you will be required to pay $229 (minor damage), or $499 (if damaged beyond repair). You may be able to make an offer to buy your device from us at fair market value (to be advised at the time).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Oh i'm such a dummy, I should have looked there first!
Thank you so much Smiley Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit