matt1089
Level 1: Cadet

Data share question

I have a question about the new personal data share plans.

I currently have a mobile plan and a tablet plan, both with 1GB data each, both still under contract. Am I able to pay the $10 extra per month to add a data share plan and get 3GB of data (1GB for each plan + bonus 1GB data for first 12 months) to share between my mobile and tablet? Since I already have a SIM for each device, there is no need for me to pay the extra $10/mth for a SIM for my tablet, correct?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Data share question

Hi matt1089, 

Our data share plans aren't compatible with the Tablet plans. 

So these plans are based around you not having a plan for your Tablet, and wanting to access data on it, rather than combining the data of your Mobile and Tablet together. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ian_L
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Data share question

I have 2 mobiles each with 1Gb data allowance. 1 phone pretty much uses all the allowance and the other virtually none. I also have a tablet with a pre-paid Telstra SIM. Can I use the data from the virtually unused phone to share with the tablet?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit