ended909
Level 2: Rookie

Direct Debit Plan - Not whilst I am still Breathing Telstra

I doubt that Andy Penn or any of his lackeys monitor this but there seems no other way to express my frustration and annoyance given the more than useless live chat does not work and there seems no way to contact anyone from Telstra.

I have been a Telstra customer for near on 45 years and now out the blue if I want to update my mobile plan I have to set up a direct debit - Its not going to happen Telstra EVER.

I have always paid my bills and now apparently this 45 years loyalty means so much that they infer I cant be trusted to manage my own affairs.

When my new 5G phone arrives I will be transferring to another carrier and from conversations I have had this morning I wont be the only one.

Telstra fix this before you lose thousands upon thousands of customers 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Ozmoz
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Direct Debit Plan - Not whilst I am still Breathing Telstra

Hi @ended909 

I suggest you contact the CEO's office and vent your frustrations there.

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/contact-ceo-form 

The LiveChat https://tel.st/t65yg  does work (Type "Talk to a consultant" if Codi keeps going around in circles) as well as 13 22 00. But I have found it best to call them M-F 8am 5pm)

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper :-(

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
ended909

Hi, 

Thanks for the response I wasn't aware of the CEO form it will be helpful but possibly pointless. 

Good tip about live chat I have never had any success except for it to go round in circles.

Cheers 

Ozmoz

@ended909 wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks for the response I wasn't aware of the CEO form it will be helpful but possibly pointless. 

Good tip about live chat I have never had any success except for it to go round in circles.

Cheers 

Hi @ended909 

I actually had to use that CEO form a while ago when I couldn't get an issue dealt with via the complaints procedure. I got a few extra grey hairs over that issue I can tell ya :-( But, it was sorted in the end :-)

Footnote: I don't work for Telstra, I just try to help out fellow Telstra customers.
ended909

Glad it worked out for you. 

As an FYI I went into a Telstra store to see if there was around it. The store manager was nice enough but spun me the corporate line about how much easier it will be blah, blah, blah he proceeded to tell me he was receiving around 200 complaints a day about it. I pointed out well doesn't that tell you something about how your customers feel at which point he spouted the same crap. 

I told him my 45 years continuous patronage would be coming to an end and he told me all service providers were going the same way. 

Very disappointing.

Cheers

Ozmoz

Hi @ended909 

I personally don't see a problem with it.

All my bills, except for council rates, are direct debit. If a bill is due on a certain date I know I have to have the money to pay for it, so I've just got to budget. With the bigger bills like the power that you are unsure what the bill will be, I pay a set amount each fortnight, so in 3 months when it's due it's not scary as it would otherwise be.

Stuiemac
Level 1: Cadet

I got the same issue. After 30+years with Telstra with 100% on time payment they have said the same to me. I consider this to be an insult to a long term loyal customer. After a long period of appalling customer service from Telstra, how can I even trust them not to stuff up again, remain uncontactable, with appalling and rude contact center staff, and not follow through on there promise to rectify, which seems to be their now normal corporate behavior. It must mean that their CEO is prepared to forgo his bonus as huge numbers of customers become dis-satisfied FORMER customers. This is a common comment I am now hearing from mature age customers.

All this because I only wish to move 1 phone to another plan, which they advertise as a benefit of being with Telstra, and not change the other ones.

Taking 10 days to respond to a complaint email is disgusting, from a supposedly modern tech company! 

The only positive thing that has happened from this self inflicted attempt at corporate suicide, is that I have started to look at another Telco to take over all of my business. Optus is looking very good at the moment.

cretsiah
Level 21: Augmented

yep... they have totally employed the wrong replacements....

Telstra reminds me of that  "Little Britain " show

phone bot says NO

phone app says NO

COMPUTER SAYS NO

surely you can see the comparisons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX6hMhL1YsQ

Telstra customer 15+ yrs, I am not a Telstra employee and never have been

Kudos and thanks welcomed

If I have managed to outsmart myself and give a Solution please mark it as so.
Service Status in your area
Someone asked to check your ping but dont know how
Check all your connected programs

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit