Wowser
Level 1: Cadet

Direct debit

After being a customer for over a decade and never having paid a bill late i don’t understand why telstra have introduced direct debit for all? I believe that this is against my human rights and liberties to be able to choose when and how i pay my bill on time each month. For people who get paid fortnightly or monthly it leaves us in a bit of a predicament in just another thing on top of our busy lives to have to remember! I will be going to a different provider if i cannot upgrade my plan with a new mobile without direct debit. That means nearly $3,000 a year for all my services gone. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Wowser
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Direct debit

Actually, it’s $6000 a year in services

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

"human rights and liberties" - really??? It's a business transaction.

I get paid monthly and pay the bill on the day that it is due with no problems. My gas and electricity bills are direct debit, and so are a number of my computer application and news subscriptions. Never had a problem with them.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

You appear to have taken the change personally. Some of the benefits are detailed on this Telstra page.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit