SarahS123
Level 1: Cadet

Does a plan with telstra include insurance?

When I buy a new phone through Telstra with a plan does this automatically come with insurance?

Say the phone breaks over the 24 months I'm paying it off for, they'll send me a new one?

Or does insurance need to be bought separately?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Does a plan with telstra include insurance?

Most phones are sold with a manufacturers warranty usually for 2 years which covers manufacturing hardware defects. Insurance is very different and covers accidental damage...which is not included.

If your phone develops a technical issue... Telstra stores send it away for assessment...ie was it dropped or suffered fluid ingress.

With an Apple phone which comes with an official 1 year warranty they usually extend to 2 years...you can shorten the process at an Apple store.. if not damaged an Apple store will replace it on the spot if not damaged.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Does a plan with telstra include insurance?

If you choose the "Upgrade & Protect" option at the time of purchase ($15 per month), then if you damage your phone, you pay a $249 fee (instead of having to pay what you owe on the phone) and you can then get a new phone on a payment plan.

See Upgrade and Protect (telstra.com.au) for details.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit