Marcus2k
Level 1: Cadet

E-Sim

I currently have a prepaid physical sim but i want to change it to an E-Sim and need help doing that!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: E-Sim

I have done that with Postpaid SIM's through the My Telstra app..

Log in  to My Telstra, go to the services tab, click on the number you want to transfer to eSIM, them on the next screen, click on the three (3) vertical dots on top right, select Transfer or restore eSIM.. if you get that option, on the next screen, you can either click on This Device (or Another device - if that is what you want)...  then follow the promps. Take your time and read/understand each step...  there are a few traps and it takes time so be patient because it is easy to rush and have it go wrong..

Optionally you can use the My Telstra app, Get Help and click on the blue chat window..  when asked, type in eSIM or change to eSIM..

You can also (if you are not in lockdown and it's easy to get there) go to a Telstra store and they can help help you do it. You may need to book an appointment with the store

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Marcus2k
Level 1: Cadet

I have a prepaid sim and don’t see the 3 dots

SteveW_52

OK, maybe the Prepaid services are different..  try the My Telstra - Get Help - Blue Chat window support option, or as I said, go into a store if it is convenient.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

From the eSIM FAQ

Customers who took up an eligible mobile plan before 9 January 2021 with eSIM compatible devices can transfer their conventional SIM card to an eSIM by using the ‘Transfer or restore’ feature via the My Telstra app or by visiting a Telstra store.

If you took up a mobile plan after 9 January 2021, you may not be able to convert your conventional SIM card to an eSIM, and vice versa. Contact us for more information.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit