Level 1: Cadet

Exiting an MRO

Hi Folks,

I thought it was time to upgrade my ancient handset, so I ordered the new iPhone 12 Pro on a monthly repayment plan.

So the phone arrived which is great, and I got it setup, but it turns out to be much bigger than I expected. So much so I find it awkward to carry around and use.

My question is, can I call Telstra and pay out the monthly re-payemtns (~$70 x 24) so that I own the handset outright, it can be unlocked enabling me to sell it on marketplace/gumteee/whatever ?

My plan is to consider the iPhone 12 Mini when that's available, but may just buy it outright, it seems simpler that way.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Exiting an MRO

Hey @SirExie

Hope you were able to get this sorted. In future, you can always give us a buzz or reach out to our team over messaging to cancel a MRO. You'll be charged the handset repayment in a lump sum charge on the bill following the removal of the repayment option. We no longer lock iPhones that were attached to a Post paid account so there's no need to unlock. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit