Qwerty8788
Level 1: Cadet

Getting a new phone on the BYO plan

Answered

Hi,
I have recently started a 24 month contract with telstra (BYO) and I am thinking about getting either the Galaxy S 2 or HTC Evo 3D. The problem is that after going into 2 telstra shops and speaking to incompetent people, I am confused.

Am I able to somehow obtain a HTC Evo 3D from telstra without canceling my contract and starting a new one?
Because if I am going to have to cancel my contract, I may as well change over to optus for their $2 a day plan.

Or I might just buy the unlocked phone off Amazon.com and put my telstra sim in there.

Optus is looking like the way to go. At least they don't employ incompetent people.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tyrone
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Re: Getting a new phone on the BYO plan

Hi qwerty 8788,

Sorry for the confusion over this Smiley Sad

What you will need to do is recontract on to a freedom connect plan at the same or higher value than your current BYO plan.

You can keep your same number, grab the HTC Evo 3D and we will waive the ETC for the BYO contract.Smiley Very Happy

Hiope this helpls you .

-Tyrone

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley Happy and remember, kudos it!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
jokiin
Level 21: Augmented

if you have only recently started a 24 month plan have you really got much to lose by renewing that already, you can change from BYO to contract without penalty and take advantage of whatever handset offer etc that comes with that
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Tyrone
Level 9: Captain
Accepted Solution

Hi qwerty 8788,

Sorry for the confusion over this Smiley Sad

What you will need to do is recontract on to a freedom connect plan at the same or higher value than your current BYO plan.

You can keep your same number, grab the HTC Evo 3D and we will waive the ETC for the BYO contract.Smiley Very Happy

Hiope this helpls you .

-Tyrone

Always look on the bright side of life Smiley Happy and remember, kudos it!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit