Feebeez
Level 1: Cadet

Handset paid off, but still paying for phone component

My husband's phone is out of contract.  The handset has been paid off, but he has continuted being charged the same monthly amount (which includes a phone compontent and a calls/data component).  Shouldn't the phone component nolonger be charged?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
DEANJA
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Handset paid off, but still paying for phone component

Yes the phone component should drop off automatically after what ever period, 12month contract 24 month etc.

best way to get this looked at would be to make contact with the telstra accounts and Billing team I would think. You can do that via live chat at the following link and select Accounts and billing enquiries: http://servicestatus.telstra.com/servicestatus/goc.do?q=summary.html

Or you could phone them at 132 200.

You might find it easier just to go into your nearest telstra shop however and get them to attend to it.

Signature.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.
Feebeez
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Handset paid off, but still paying for phone component

Thanks Jeff!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit