JC0
Level 2: Rookie

How do sim kit discounts work?

Answered

There is currently an online only offer on $40 sim kits for $20. I have a $2 sim kit that lets me activate with any of the plans - but at full price.

If I purchase the discounted $40 sim kit online can I activate it using the $2 SIM I already have? or do I need to wait a week for the new one to arrive in the mail?

Basically I want to know if the deal is tied to my Contact details, or to the actual SIM.

https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/prepaid-mobiles/offers-and-rates

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
cf4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: How do sim kit discounts work?

The Deal is tied to the SIM. You will have to wait for the new SIM which will have its own number. You can't transfer a existing Telstra number to it only a number from another mobile provider.

View solution in original post

JC0
Accepted Solution

Thanks, I was hoping I could get the discount somehow when activating the sim  I already have, since I need it before next weekend. Guess I’ll be paying full price. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
cf4
Accepted Solution

The Deal is tied to the SIM. You will have to wait for the new SIM which will have its own number. You can't transfer a existing Telstra number to it only a number from another mobile provider.

JC0
Accepted Solution

Thanks, I was hoping I could get the discount somehow when activating the sim  I already have, since I need it before next weekend. Guess I’ll be paying full price. 

cf4

You might be able to find half price SIM starter kits at a supermarket or a store like Big W. The often have SIM kits for half price or less.

JC0

Thanks! Coles has the “online only” half price sim in store. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit