Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: How on earth does one contact an actual person at Telstra!!!!!@!!!!!@!!!@!@!@@#@#

@John2307 if you look at how many services they provide in the retail space alone, it comes in at over 23 million currently (that figure is only retail mobile and landline services - not wholesale or enterprise services), so I don't think Andy's going to run out of customers any time soon.

But yes, customer service standards have reduced greatly since COVID.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
John2307
Level 1: Cadet

Re: How on earth does one contact an actual person at Telstra!!!!!@!!!!!@!!!@!@!@@#@#

You need to look at how many of those 23 million (Not sure how accurate that is) are held by Government. As far as personal services Telstra don't hold the majority of market share and haven't for some time. This is due to poor customer service where customers are moving telcos. I

Jupiter

Zero. As I said, they are Retail services only. Government is not counted in Retail numbers.

Telstra holds 49% of market share for NBN services, 42% of mobile services (an increase over the past 2 years, and been between 37-45% share for the past decade). They are still the dominant player in the market.

Your argument is not holding up particularly well.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
paulp6262
Level 3: Gumshoe

Agree 100% the COVID excuse doesnt wash anymore, everyone was told to adapt and create a new normal, those that did will do alright. Those like Telstra who 18 months down the track have done nothing to adapt will continue to frustrate their customers. I can cope with automated systems (like the chat function), if once you reached a dead end it moved you to a real human, instead the Telstra seems designed to put you in a loop of despair.I wish you luck

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit