CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

HTC One MMS compression

Answered

Hey all,

So i got an HTC One, great phone but both myself and my Mum have the same problem, Our HTC One's are compressing MMS Messages even more when they are received, I've sent two of them to myself already, when an image is resized for sending it goes from 0.99MB and 1520x2688 to just 720x1273 and 97.95KB, this would be fine but when the same image is received it's further cut down to 271x479 and 26.13KB

Yes i am aware of third party apps to replace the default SMS app. HTC told me to try Handcent and after the first attempt, the images came back reduced once again.

Anyone know if it's HTC's coding, a fault in Android or just Telstra's network screwing up?

Thanks for your time everyone.

PS:
SAMPLES!

Original: http://oi41.tinypic.com/ins5c9.jpg

Resized for sending: http://oi39.tinypic.com/dm5lqp.jpg

What Comes back: http://oi42.tinypic.com/e0sr41.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: HTC One MMS compression

Yes, it's a stock message app compression issue. 
From what I've heard they are working on a fix for that and numerous other issues that people have been having since in Android Jelly Bean. 
Only option for now is to download pretty much any another sms app from the play store. It might be better than the other option of it just not working.

I believe GOSMS gets around the problem. If you do download the app, go to the settings and tick the box preserve image resolution.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Yes, it's a stock message app compression issue. 
From what I've heard they are working on a fix for that and numerous other issues that people have been having since in Android Jelly Bean. 
Only option for now is to download pretty much any another sms app from the play store. It might be better than the other option of it just not working.

I believe GOSMS gets around the problem. If you do download the app, go to the settings and tick the box preserve image resolution.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the reply, i'll leave this open if anyone else has a solution.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit