AliQ
Level 6: Bloodhound

International Roaming on a casual plan ?

Hi,

If a Telstra Support Team member sees this, can you please tell me when Telstra will release their new casual mobile phone plans that include international roaming ?

It was supposed to be mid year, but I'd like to know if that may be June or July please ?

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: International Roaming on a casual plan ?

Is this for prepaid? When the international access was removed, a general comment of mid 2021 was made fro 'possible' reinstatement. I am not aware of any verifiable update to that..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
AliQ

Thanks SteveW, yes for pre paid. I'm going overseas soon and don't want to pay $55.00 for a plan just to be able to receive an occasional code by SMS from my bank.

Smiley3
Level 23: Superhero
Level 23: Superhero

Hi @AliQ,

I asked a Pre-Paid consultant 2 day's ago while speaking on the phone regarding something else, when is International Roaming going to be available again for Pre-Paid customer's?

The reply was "we haven't received a memo yet, so we don't know when it will be available".

I am NOT a Telstra employee and never have been. However, I AM a customer who volunteer's my time in the hope to help someone with their question.
To show your appreciation to myself or another member, please click on the LIKE or mark as a SOLUTION for any post that you have found helpful on this forum.
AliQ

Thanks Smiley3. That does not sound very positive, obviously no new plans are being released soon then. After numerous years with Telstra, think it's time to look elsewhere.

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@AliQ wrote:

Thanks SteveW, yes for pre paid. I'm going overseas soon and don't want to pay $55.00 for a plan just to be able to receive an occasional code by SMS from my bank.

Given that Telstra have not released their new International Roaming for prepaid plans, consider looking at what Vodafone have to offer. They have prepaid that last 180 or 365 days.

AliQ

Thanks Dowser, I'll have a look.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit