AliQ
Level 6: Bloodhound

International roaming / pre paid / is this the only option now ?

I am on one of the new Telstra pre paid plans, and it looks like they are not now releasing new pre paid plans that include international roaming.

I am currently overseas, need to receive the odd SMS code now and again, so is my only option to change to the 55 dollar monthly plan, and then add another 10 dollar to access international roaming, for just 24 hours ?

Seems crazy, I must be missing something ???

Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: International roaming / pre paid / is this the only option now ?

Hi AliQ. 

You can read all about the changes as well as ton of helpful FAQ's about your options here https://tel.st/7weubh;

If you do need this long term, you may need to move to a month to month plan here https://tel.st/jrnyqw;

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

It is interesting that the Telstra webpage that your first link opens clearly states (regarding International Roaming) A new version of this will launch mid-2021 however it has not eventuated.

PoppySean
Support Team
Support Team

International roaming has been paused on the new Pre-Paid plans whilst services are being moved over to the new platform. There are plans to have international roaming back on Pre-Paid by the end of the year.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser

With respect, it would be nice to see the aforementioned webpage updated to reflect that situation.

AliQ
Level 6: Bloodhound

Thank you Dowser. Totally agree. I actually doubt these new plans will ever be offered !

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit