hyppolyte
Level 8: Inspector

Is Upfront Data Plan Eligibility affected by HRO?

Answered

The only reference I can find about this is from the FAQs for Upfront plans.

"you need to meet some eligibility requirements, such as having a direct debit, having no overdue bills, and not having any handset repayments. You may have purchased something which isn't currently compatible with our new plans, or signed up additional services. If any of these eligibility requirements are not met, then we're unfortunately not able to move you to our new plan."

I have an HRO for a Telstra Go Repeater. On the phone today I was told it would not affect the changes but only one of three devices took; although three were agreed to with credit card entries and three sets of T&Cs.

I was left with an automatic payment for one and a direct debit against my Post-paid for the other two with the total $$ of three services 

Does the HRO fall into the category of not compatible? If this is the case I will have a direct debit for post-paid that I did not request.

The irony of having only one data-sharing device has not escaped me.

The other concern I have is that if and when the other services change to Auto Payment, will I have 3 different payment dates?

Education by osmosis is my preferred option
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Is Upfront Data Plan Eligibility affected by HRO?

Even if your MRO for the Telstra Go Repeater made you ineligible, that should only affect one of your services (the one that the MRO is linked to), the other two services should have been fine.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Even if your MRO for the Telstra Go Repeater made you ineligible, that should only affect one of your services (the one that the MRO is linked to), the other two services should have been fine.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

hyppolyte
Level 8: Inspector

Thanks for the reassurance.

Overnight the three services have been added to the Upfront plan. The Telstra rep did say he would prioritise it through the back-end support team. Renewal dates for all three 19 June.

My Hardware Repayment Option is supposed to be paid off in July but I can't see it in my account at all. It will be interesting to see if it will be added as a one off to the Upfront on 23 May (old payment cycle) or 12 June (old due date). Or if it will generate a bill.

Telstra Support have given me mixed results over the years, it looks like I got a good one this timeSmiley Happy

Education by osmosis is my preferred option

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit