wpdownunder
Level 17: Bureau Chief

Looking for my best options ($) for adding mobile to my home bundle

CrowdSupport'ers,

In 6 weeks or so, I am exiting a business which currently pays for my monthly phone plan using my own Windows Phone 7 hamndset (Samsung Focus).  I will be looking for work - and hopefully moving to a new job/company ideally where the phone is paid for...My wife has an older handset (prepaid) with low usage and I love my Focus.  I am also personally on a premium Complete Home Bundle with Ultimate home phone package (no Fotel in the house, no T-box or T-hub).

Before I start doing my research - I wanted opinions on my best option that;

- Is lowest cost.

- Considers my possible changing circumstances

- still delivers min. 1GB data allowance

- allows me to continue to use my Samsung Focus.

Can you get further discounts from Telstra on adding a mobile account (I need to bring my number with me from work)?  Is pre-paid my only real option?

Have yet to start looking at this question, so thought I'd throw it open to readers in the spirit of why Telstra created this little she-bang Smiley Happy

Ta.

Sheeds.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

If you like my Microsoft (WP/Win8) posts here, consider Kudos+1

Check me out on Twitter - WP_DownUnder - I don't come around here no more.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
MichaelBell
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Looking for my best options ($) for adding mobile to my home bundle

I don't believe you get further discounts when adding mobile plans to the home bundle. There used to be a credit (I think $10) applied to mobiles added to home services but they have instead increased massively the data allowance in the home bundle to compensate. You could go a casual plan but there are some good deals on prepaid caps. Obviously wouldn't go on a contract if you are looking for work and hoping they will pick up the tab. Good luck with the job hunt!
wpdownunder

Thanks Michael - sorry for the delay to your reply.  Had a few things going on!

I also had heard that the add-on mobile bundle discount had been dropped.  Will start my review with pre-paid and see how I go.

Cheers,

Sheeds.

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Windows 8 and Surface fan! FORMER Telstra Customer (adios lol).

wpdownunder

OK  - So a couple of new questions re: tranferring my mobile number to my own account from the company account.  Since I have a handset, need to transfer this week AND there are no GEN2 WP7 handsets announced with Telstra plans as yet, I'm thinking;

http://www.telstrabusiness.com/business/portal/online/site/productsservices/businessmobilemaximiser....

Business Mobile Maximiser BYO Plans - 12m sign-up on $59 plan - with;

* $800 Calls

* Unlimited SMS and MessageBank

* 2GB Data

Business vs personal (I think they are the same value anyway) so that I can claim as a work expense (actual).

Now when Telstra launch their GEN2 handsets for WP7, and if I want to move over to a handset plan, or if I find a new role and I move to a business plan with a company - will I get hit with an early termination fee?

I need my phone plan sorted this week as I leave my company on this Friday, take my number with me and need to have an active phone plan with it....But I dont want to sign a contract and be excluded unless paying a hefty fee from getting a new WP7 handset as they are expected to be launched in a matter of weeks????

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Ta,

Sheeds.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit