Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Looking to upgrade

Answered

I have been having issues with my iphone and my contract is up soon and i'm wanting to upgrade but with so many choices i'm confused about which phone to get. Any suggestions? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Looking to upgrade

You may want to check if the specific apps you use at the moment on your iPhone are available in the Google Play Store or WIndows Phone Marketplace - the HTC One and upcoming Sony Xperia Z1 and Nokia Lumia 1020 are all very impressive across the board in their own ways in regards to multimedia, but obviously the feel of the OS and the ability to use the apps you previously have is important.  I'd perhaps suggest having a bit of a play around with the phones in your local Telstra store to see what suits you best.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

It all depends on what you use your phone for and if you are ready to change operating system. If you are comfortable with what you have them its worth checking out the iPhone 5s or 5c. I am a big fan of the HTC one and the Sony Xperia Z but there are so many cool handset with diferent features on the market right now. If you are after something larger the Samsung Note 3 is now on pre-order and the Sony Xperia Z1 due out very soon.

You may also want to check out our members reviews section where some of our users have trialed these new devices:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Product-Reviews/bd-p/Product_Reviews

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Using my phone mainly to text, call, internet and as a media student i use different apps for audio and video recording as well as photography. I need a handset that will be capable of handling these apps and i'm willing to change the operating system. 

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

You may want to check if the specific apps you use at the moment on your iPhone are available in the Google Play Store or WIndows Phone Marketplace - the HTC One and upcoming Sony Xperia Z1 and Nokia Lumia 1020 are all very impressive across the board in their own ways in regards to multimedia, but obviously the feel of the OS and the ability to use the apps you previously have is important.  I'd perhaps suggest having a bit of a play around with the phones in your local Telstra store to see what suits you best.

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit