TCX1
Level 1: Cadet

Lost access to voicemail & WiFi calling when transitioned to business plan

I recently changed from standard postpaid to business postpaid with 2 mobile services.

Since then main mobile iPhone 8+ has lost access to voicemail & WiFi calling whilst secondary mobile IPhone XR has full access to both. I’ve spoken to Telstra for over an hour with no resolution.

Also now receiving paper bills instead of email bills🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Lost access to voicemail & WiFi calling when transitioned to business plan

You could swap the SIM cards between the two phones and therefore check if the issues are related to the phone settings.

Also, what happens when you call the number which no longer has access to “voicemail”?.

TCX1

Hi Dowser,

After 9 weeks or so, coincidently as of this morning I now have access to voicemail!
Previously when I called 101 I heard message “Sorry, your account has no access to the system, please contact your system administrator”. Voicemail is now sorted, just need to sort the Telstra app as it doesn’t have any services linked to it. Thanks for you reply👍

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

When you transitioned from to the business account, did you retain your previous email account and Telstra ID? or do you need to create a new one for the new business account perhaps?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
TCX1

Hey Steve, I still have access with my Telstra ID however it has no linked services. I’d say you’re onto it regarding setting up a new ID on the business account. Originally I called Telstra just to buy/pay out a leased phone, appears I got more than I bargained for!

SteveW_52

Did you ask for a business account?

Does the business account have a different account number to your previous account? If so, yes, you will probably need a new Telstra ID for it. If it is a new account, then you should be able to change it to get email bill delivery too.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Dowser

Regarding the billing destination, you can select that in the My Telstra app once you get it sorted.

When you sort out which Telstra ID to use, you can link services to it after signing into the webpage using your Telstra ID and password.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit