Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Lost phone

I purchased my iPhone second hand and have lost it while travelling overseas. I do not have the packaging or any details re the phone serial number and I need this to claim on insurance. I know the shop it was purchased from. Is there any way to get the IMEI number from Telstra?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Lost phone

Telstra don't associated second hand phones to accounts. Normally you look after the insurance before the lost bit..

You could contact the shop you purchased it from as they may/should hold onto those details.

Cheers,
Dave

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Lost phone

Hi Saint_Pamela, 

In addition to what Caaf has advised, if you used the phone with your iTunes account, Apple may have updated the records for the iPhone to reflect that you were the last user of the device. 

My partner lost his second hand iPhone, and he simply had to call Apple, give his iTunes ID (your email address) and it showed devices that were registered to that email address which included the iPhone :-) 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit