Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile data billing

Answered

Hi I've just gotten a new smartphone (htc OneXL) on (what I was led to believe was) the same staff plan I have been on for years.  Clearly it is no longer a shaped plan, and while I have never ever gone over my plan limit, in two months the excess data charges are approaching $1000!!!  My questions are : 1) why are the excess data charges four times what my TelstraOne app told me they were (50c/meg - $2 meg!).  2) why is only 1 gig included?? Optus includes 100g for its staff and 3) what options do I have - freaking out and finding it hard to promote my company after the last bill I just received (not an issue I've ever had before).. Hulp please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile data billing

Hi there, 

The staff cap plan includes the 1GB in the the cost of the plan, however after the 1GB is used reverts to the standard PAYG (Pay As You Go) rate of $2 per MB. 

1) The reason you TelstraOne app is displaying the wrong information is because the app only  register the data plan and not the Staff plan. It's a known issue that is in the T & C. 

2) Telstra isn't Optus (also i find it rather hard to believe that Optus would included 100GB on a Mobile staff plan.... 

3) Contact Billing department, explain your issue in that you went over your data allowance and you had no idea that you had gone over (i assume). Provided you take the steps to prevent the issue from happing again (i.e. Take an extra data pack to include the usage) they should waive most if not all the charges. 

If you do not get the answer you are looking for when you contact billing raise the issue with your 1UP

Will update with something clever when the brain starts working!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 10: Junior Detective
Accepted Solution

Hi there, 

The staff cap plan includes the 1GB in the the cost of the plan, however after the 1GB is used reverts to the standard PAYG (Pay As You Go) rate of $2 per MB. 

1) The reason you TelstraOne app is displaying the wrong information is because the app only  register the data plan and not the Staff plan. It's a known issue that is in the T & C. 

2) Telstra isn't Optus (also i find it rather hard to believe that Optus would included 100GB on a Mobile staff plan.... 

3) Contact Billing department, explain your issue in that you went over your data allowance and you had no idea that you had gone over (i assume). Provided you take the steps to prevent the issue from happing again (i.e. Take an extra data pack to include the usage) they should waive most if not all the charges. 

If you do not get the answer you are looking for when you contact billing raise the issue with your 1UP

Will update with something clever when the brain starts working!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thank you for your info and advice - problem sorted!

I downloaded the Telstra 24/7 app, upgraded to a 2GB plan and lodged a TER which successfully dealt with the charges.

Thanks again, muchos appreciatos!  Woman Very Happy

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit