PWESTO
Level 1: Cadet

mobile lease plan

Good Morning

My husband is on a mobile lease plan for $79 at the end of his contract does he have to return his device to the store in order to upgrade to a new device 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: mobile lease plan

Yes, at the end of the lease contract he would either return the device or opt to buy the device off Telstra for a lump sum fee at that point.  

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

PWESTO
Level 1: Cadet

What is the lump sum fee ?

What happens if it is considered damaged?

DrQ

The lump sum fee is Telstra “market value” on that device so will vary. 

if it’s not in the “good condition” then there is a $190 fee if it is damaged and there is swap assure on the plan, or $229-$499 fee depending on exactly where in the plan and the level of damage, for example if he wanted to upgrade after 22 months and it was deemed major damage the fee is $399. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit