Nangran4
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Lease Plan

Fair Market value on a Samsung Galaxy S10 as at today in good working order.  I am trying to decide whether I keep my phone at the end of the lease as it's still a good phone or to hand back in.

Am currently on a lease plan and don't want to change it for anything higher in price, but want to get off a lease.  I have read that lease plans are no longer, is this correct?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Lease Plan

Fair Market Value is typically around 30% of the original price, but you'd have to contact Telstra to get the actual value.

Yes, Lease Plans went a while ago.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Nangran4

Can you recall when they ceased.  I've read back in June 2019.  Would that be right?

Jupiter

Sounds about the right timeframe.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
5imon5

Go to a store - they have the price on your account records. S10 5g = $378 today -they'll charge your account that sum in 6 months from the end of your plan. Presumably immediately if you kill the plan and go for a better value one - I'm slashing 50% off my monthly cost, and still get more data than I can use and still including the international bundle! 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit