Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile phone contract expiration

Hi..   my mobile phone contract expires end of June 2020... after 24 months however I would likw to stay in that plan for the future (our of contract) is this possible?

I am living overseas for another 12 months and i wopuld liek to retain the current plan features.. but I am not sure if Telstra forces me to move to new contract fromthe current list.

my current plan included mobile phone repayment, buth then there is a credit for it.. so I assum,e if i am allowed to stay the rate would be the same,

what happens when you reach the end of a plan contract? are you forced to move or you can stay?

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Mobile phone contract expiration

Hi @AA555 

Telstra has been gradually moving customers to the current plans when the older ones expire. Due to the sheer volume, it can take time. 

So basically you will be advised when they finally get to you. Time-wise it could take ages or happen tomorrow. Make sure your personal details are correct so you can get any Telstra correspondence from them.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

@Ozmoz wrote:

Hi @AA555 

Telstra has been gradually moving customers to the current plans 

so no chance to stay in current plan... eventually will be moved??,...   my current plan has unlimited calls while overseas, new plans have nothing, you need Travelplan.. and living overseas it means paying $10 a day

hope it takes a while to get to my contract, by then i may be back in Oz

aa

Highlighted

Hi @AA555 

The Telstra CEO sacked thousands of Telstra employees by pushing an agenda of saying they will remove all the old grandfather plans of a couple of thousand and just have a few. That way the customer and support don't get confused about what is included and what's not.

So, therefore, Telstra won't need as many support staff, save millions, and then can give himself and the board greater bonuses. But then COVID-19 hit and now the walls come tumbling down.

If the new plans don't suit you when you are required to move over to them, then you will need to look for an alternative mobile operator.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit