KeithF1
Level 2: Rookie

MOBILE PHONE PLAN CHANGED

Good morning all. Earlier this month Telstra moved me from a Telstra Mobile BYO Plan $49 to Telstra Mobile Plan Small.

I believe hat I had no advance warning of the change.

Has anyone else had the same experience?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: MOBILE PHONE PLAN CHANGED

Over the past few months Telstra has been moving all its customers to the current plans as they are removing the old plans from their system (as announced last year).  You should have received an email or SMS at least 30 days prior to the change.

And before you ask, yes they are legally allowed to do this.

If you are not happy with the plan that you are on, you can discuss your options by contacting Telstra either by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile, or through Livechat.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KeithF1

If I decide not to accept the increased cost with no apparent increase in the offering, how do I go about removing the mobile phone from my account whilst allowing the broadband component of the bundle to continue?

Jupiter

You can cancel the mobile phone service (in which case you lose the number) or port to another provider if that suits you better (you do that from the new provider's end when you sign up).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KeithF1

Cheers.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit