DownSouth
Level 1: Cadet

mobile phone won't connect to network

Answered

I have just bought a Telstra BYO phone sim only with a request to port my number over from Vodafone. I have inserted the sim into my phone but it won't connect to the Telstra network. When I unlocked my phone using another Telstra sim it did connect to the network. I got the 12 month contract and the sim arrived with a letter saying it was activated. I have checked in MyAccount which also says it is activated. Do I have to wait because the number is being ported? How and when will I be able to connect to the network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: mobile phone won't connect to network

Yes give us a call on 13 22 00 as that is an unusually long time for a port. We'll need to look at the order status.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi DownSouth,

Sounds like just a delay in the porting process, yes. It's 24 hours later now, has it gone through?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

DownSouth
Level 1: Cadet

No. I checked and phone is unlocked. I still have Vodafone service. Do I just wait till Vodafone service stops or should I call someone? It has been 4 days.
Ben_J
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Yes give us a call on 13 22 00 as that is an unusually long time for a port. We'll need to look at the order status.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit