Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Mobile Plan Change

Answered

I have received a email from Telstra stating that one of my mobile services is being upgraded. I am currently paying $50 per month for this service and the new plan (Small) is going to be $55 with a $5 credit for 12 months. I do not want to change my plan. Can I be forced to change.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Mobile Plan Change

The old plans are being retired and everyone is being migrated across to the current plans (which is allowed, with notice). You can discuss your options by either calling 132200 or by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of the Get Help screen). If Codi directs you elsewhere, type "Speak to a human" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

The old plans are being retired and everyone is being migrated across to the current plans (which is allowed, with notice). You can discuss your options by either calling 132200 or by sending a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of the Get Help screen). If Codi directs you elsewhere, type "Speak to a human" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat to human.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I have received the same message and it’s completely unacceptable to force an upgrade onto customers who don’t want or need it, then charge them extra for it. My current 30 GB/$50 plan is more than adequate - in fact, as we are mostly at home these days, most of my data is accessed through the home WIFI. I am a fairly prolific internet user even when I’m out and I still struggle to use 10% of my present allocation. As we have both recently taken the plunge to upgrade our 6 year old Mobile phones on a 3 year payment plan we do not wish to add a further unplanned $5 a month each to our costs for Mobile data that we will never ever use. 

Traditionally, when Broadband plans have changed over the last few years, Telstra have upgraded our home broadband to the new plan at no charge. 

Highlighted

Tradition has gone out the window along with your current 30GB/$50 plan. On the up side, you effectively have 12 months to decide what you want to do before the price increase kicks in.

Highlighted

This is clearly and simply a money grab by Telstra to get more income at a time when so many are out of work or suffering hardship. What makes Telstra think they’re so special that they can force a customer price rise at a time like this. 

I have been a loyal Telstra customer for many years but not any more. They have overstepped the mark. 

Highlighted

Telstra isn't anything special in that regards, a lot of companies are still increasing their prices at the moment (including other Telcos - Aussie Broadband for one).

If you don't use much data and are looking for a cheaper option, have a look at belong.com.au

They have a $40 per month plan that gives you 40GB and a $25 plan that gives you 10GB with calls and SMS included.

Highlighted

I got put into their new plan $50. For 30gb this autumn! I am paying $45. Till November then it was meant to go to $50. Now they want to up that? I’m not even using 30gb of data and I’m home all day! I don’t  understand how a plan can no longer be available in just a few months  

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

I tried to cool and all the automated device did was direct me to the Telstra app and then hang up on me

I then tried the chat and this is the final response and now they’ve got another virtual idiot picking up where the other left off

Live each day like it's your last: - one day, you'll get it right

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit