Izzy8
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile Plan Extra Small clarification please

Within the past month you recently migrated me across to the Extra Small plan at an extra cost to my previous plan. Your website still shows that plan having 2gb of free data and if you go over it, then the data slows down. I'm OK with that. But now I have received a badly worded letter telling me there is a data charge change. It doesn't tell me which mobile plan it was referring to (my old one or this one). I don't know the name of my old plan as whenever I rang up or looked on your site, you couldn't tell me what it is and couldn't tell me the amount of data I was allowed so I never used the data as you stiffed me with a huge bill for a few mb of data when I did use it. (I was also migrated across from another plan to that one at an extra cost too) Anyhow, the link (tel.st/mobile-update) on the letter referring to one of your plan changes says that 2gb of data can be used, then you pay "no more than $100 for going over your data" and then it is reduced to 1.5Mbps.

I just would like to know what is going on and which is the correct truth about the above plan. And if that is the case, why are you doing the 'bait and switch' as soon as you've migrated me across to that plan. I imagine I'm not the only customer of your caught up in this 'bait and switch'. It's not good enough that you write on your website, we can just change to another plan. If you're streamlining your plans, then you should be fair and reasonable to your customers.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Mobile Plan Extra Small clarification please

That applied to your old plan (it applied to plans that had the 1GB for $10 automatic top ups). It doesn't apply to plans that slow down as soon as your reach your data allowance.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit