Clemow
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile - pre-paid or post paid ?

I have a long standing bundle = home phone, internet and byo mobile - advised my Extra small mobile will go to $45 per month for 2GB, national calls / sms and no international benefits opf any type ... 

My current home bundle for NBN landline, internert and mobile is a Total of about $130 per month ...

I also have a byo mobile on pre-paid plan - @ $30 a month - just had light bulb moment so that is appears the pre-paid gives me a much better deal with same phone coverage ...

For my Pre-paid there has been no recent notification of price increase but rather bonus data for this month - it appearts to me that I am actually better off over-all on pre-paid ?? ...

If I switch my current pan from Post Paid to $30 monthly Prepaid I save at least $180 per year ?? ...

If I go to a byo pre-paid @ $40 per month I get huge amount of extra data and international benefits and still save $5 per month or at least $60 per year ?? ... 

Currently both my mobile phone plans are paid on same direct debit credit card / pre-pay authorisation ...

Is there something I am missing ? - am I right to think  'unrewarded loyalty' & 'rip-over' ?? ...   

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit