Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

mobile price changes to some moblie plans

I believe that Telstra is using bully tactics with their recent announced price rise for some mobile plans, 16% in my case. I see that their aim with this price rise is in to get consumers to change plans to higher cost fancy plans with facilities that are not required.

This is in line with Telstra’s stated policy of reducing mobile plans from 1800 to 4, the cheapest is $50/month.

This does not take into account consumers with simple and essential needs and limited budget.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: mobile price changes to some moblie plans

Changing the conditions/charges of your plan is allowable under the terms and conditions of your plan. They have chosen their policy and method of reducing the number of plans that are active, so now it is up to you to make your choice (which you have 30 days to do before the new conditions come into force).

If you can't afford a $50 per month plan, have a look at Belong. They are a division of Telstra and cater for the lower price range ($10-$40 per month) of the market.

Note: If you make international calls, there are only 33 countries that you can call through Belong.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: mobile price changes to some moblie plans

Hi there, Telstra has made efforts to provide services to meet the needs of the majority while simplifying our offerings. This will require some changes to some of our much older plans however. With 30 days notice we have removed a number of grandfathered plans, and you're welcome to take up the suggested offer, or choose from the current range of month to month plans: 

https://tel.st/eg8vn

If the post-paid options do not suit your needs you may find pre-paid a more suitable fit: https://tel.st/2utyv.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit