jimball
Level 1: Cadet

Mx BYO Plan Bonus Data

Answered

Hi Guys,

I signed up for the Mx BYO Plan (https://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/plans-and-rates/mx-plan?ti=TR:TRSmiley Surprisedct16:mxcreditSmiley Tongueersonaltile1:t...), which is supposed to offer 5gb data + Bonus 2gb for 7gb total.

As per the requirements, I ordered online, set up email billing, direct debit, and have downloaded the app on my phone, however it's been 4 days and my account is still only showing 5gb of total data.

Do I need to wait until the end of the current billing cycle for it to update or have I likely done something wrong along the way? I'd contact Telstra support directly but to quote the critial information summary:

"To remain eligible you will need to continue to self-service via the Telstra self-care channels for the duration of your plan. Failure to comply with any of these conditions may result in being moved to an equivalent BYO plan with a $10 increase in your minimum monthly charge."

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Mx BYO Plan Bonus Data

You can still contact Telstra Support, however online via online methods. So LiveChat is perfectly ok. https://livechat.telstra.com.au

"With the MX BYO offer you can't call or visit a store, but our consultants are available online 24x7."

The LiveChat team are consultants able to open your account and verify your details and look into it for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
DrQ
Accepted Solution

Re: Mx BYO Plan Bonus Data

You can still contact Telstra Support, however online via online methods. So LiveChat is perfectly ok. https://livechat.telstra.com.au

"With the MX BYO offer you can't call or visit a store, but our consultants are available online 24x7."

The LiveChat team are consultants able to open your account and verify your details and look into it for you.
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit