MrDvs
Level 1: Cadet

New phone and tablet feeling-returning old device

I recently bought an iPhone 13 pro by redeeming the new phone and tablet feeling as I wanted to upgrade from my iPhone 11 Pro which I also bought from Telstra and from my understanding, I was supposed to receive a digital barcode via email within 24 hours of redeeming the offer to send my old phone back, however it is nearly two weeks and I still haven’t received that email, I have spoken to someone via the My Telstra app about this twice within that time and on both occasions they said they would send me the barcode within 24 hours or within 1 to 3 business days but they never do. I just do not want to get stung for not returning the phone all because somebody couldn’t be bothered to send one little email that would have enabled me to do so.

Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Cas-Ra
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New phone and tablet feeling-returning old device

HI @MrDvs that's no good, to be certain, have you checked your email Junk folder, in case it was incorrectly filtered?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

MrDvs

Thanks for the reply, I have checked my junk folder and there’s nothing.

Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

You could check the email address linked to your account.

You can do this in the My Telstra app. Click on the profile symbol at top right > Account settings > Personal details > Email address

MrDvs

I checked the email address linked to my account, it was correct but it said something about needing to verify the address so I went and did all that.  You don’t suppose that might be causing issues? I haven’t had any issues in receiving my bills, just putting it out there.

Dowser

You could request that another barcode be emailed to check if the verification helped.

James5050

I am having the exact same issue after upgrading to an iPhone 13 Pro Max. Been sent to a dead link and given a pdf that doesn’t help me start the return process at all

MrDvs

Update on my situation, today someone finally got back to me and sent me a code via text that I’m supposed to show at the post office and they’ll print a return label for me.  This only ended up occurring because I made a complaint.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit