contactchris
Level 5: Eagle Eye

New Phone Feeling is GONE? Only on Business Plans?

Answered

Known now as Upgrade & Protect in Consumer - there is no such thing in the business plans now.

It was added when I did the most recent upgrade to the iPhone 12 pro on my Small Business Plan. But that got lost in translation and was not included in the new phone plan rollover. I was certainly under the impression the additional $15 still included it. It seems that Telstra Business silently removed it from new Small Business plans. I'm still paying the extra $15 a month, but that feature had mysteriously disappeared. Really?

Mislead, fleeced, masked or rolled into a false sense of value when I added the same $15 option in my plan? Should they have stated this change upfront? Is trust out the window? Or should I have nailed the agent down under cross-examination?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: New Phone Feeling is GONE? Only on Business Plans?

If you did the swap over in store or over the phone, then the consultant should have explained to you what each of the products were. They also are supposed to give you the documentation (or at least offer you a copy of it) to read prior to signing. If it was not explained to you at the time, then you have grounds to make a complaint to the store manager - it won't get you the product that you want because it doesn't exist, but it should prompt them to get their staff trained better.

If you stated that you want the 12 month upgrade plan on both, they should have told you that it wasn't available for the Small Business plans.

Personally, I always read as much about the current offers that I can before I go in to the store when upgrading my phones (other than the online only offers, the offers on the website are the same as in-store). That way, if I'm told something different I know what questions to ask.

As far as paying more and getting less, it sounds like you aren't doing your books properly in your business as you should be claiming the GST component, which would mean that you are paying less overall for your small business phone.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter

Small Business plans have StayConnected Advanced, which covers damage or loss (but no upgrade).

New phone feeling (which was free) has been gone for a while now.

Upgrade & Protect is only available for consumer plans and does have a component allow upgrades for a fee in the last 12 months of a device repayment plan.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
contactchris
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Yes - that is known now. 

My point is that it was not made clear at the time - during the New Phone Feeling & swap over process.

I swapped a Consumer Phone and Business Phone over on the same day. 

I paid the additional $15 @ month on each roll-over plan.

It was stated that I wanted the 12 month upgrade plan on both.

I did the consumer phone first - Paid the $15 @ month. All good.

I did the business phone second - Paid the $15 @ month. All good.

Yes - I now now I understand that the extra $15 @ month doesn't included the Upgrade. 

Same fee as consumer - half the product. 

It was not made clear until I asked the question months later.

You state that like I was gifted with this information during the process. It was not.

It's another instance where the Small Business customer is penalised over Consumer customers.

Pay more and get less. Is that a reasonable expectation?

Jupiter
Accepted Solution

If you did the swap over in store or over the phone, then the consultant should have explained to you what each of the products were. They also are supposed to give you the documentation (or at least offer you a copy of it) to read prior to signing. If it was not explained to you at the time, then you have grounds to make a complaint to the store manager - it won't get you the product that you want because it doesn't exist, but it should prompt them to get their staff trained better.

If you stated that you want the 12 month upgrade plan on both, they should have told you that it wasn't available for the Small Business plans.

Personally, I always read as much about the current offers that I can before I go in to the store when upgrading my phones (other than the online only offers, the offers on the website are the same as in-store). That way, if I'm told something different I know what questions to ask.

As far as paying more and getting less, it sounds like you aren't doing your books properly in your business as you should be claiming the GST component, which would mean that you are paying less overall for your small business phone.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit