Lacho1
Level 1: Cadet

New phone order

Hi.

I've been trying order a new phone through the online store but so far have been unsuccessful. Everytime it does the credit check it comes up with ineligible. I had went into the telstra store two weeks ago and he had said wait for the new billing cycle - which just started and it says I'm still ineligible but I'm going for the same plan I'm on now and the phone has a cheaper pay off.

Thanks,

Lachlan

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New phone order

You could lodge a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints and see if they can provide a reason why they don't want to sell you a new phone.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
TommyR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New phone order

Hi Lacho1. 

We may need to go through a new credit check with you as our systems have changed in the last 6-12 months as well as our crect check being updated to stop people taking on monthly repayments that stretch them financially.

So we can make sure your details are up to date and check off any necessary credit check information, please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/8uejx8). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Billing" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. 

If you get stuck on the Telstra Assistant, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a Telstra Expert. 

Once this has been updated and refreshed and all the credit checks are passed, you will then be able to place an order online. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit